All are welcome in this safe and supportive environment for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered GCC students and their allies. Help us work toward a more accepting environment for all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, through education, support, social action, and advocacy. Meetings will be held from Noon-1:00 pm on Wednesdays in the Instructional Center Room 400. Contact club Advisor Bryan Buttler at email@example.com for more information.
- William Way Community Center, (215) 732-2220, 1315 Spruce St., Philadelphia. Local LGBT community center with extensive services and resources.
- Giovanni’s Room, (215) 923-2960, 1145 Pine St., Philadelphia. The areas only LGBT bookstore.
WEB BASED RESOURCES
Career and Job Search
- GLBT LGBTQ health advocacy organization with extensive health related resources and links.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- FinAid Financial aid for LGBTQ college students.
National LGBTQ Organizations
- Human Rights Campaign National advocacy organization working for equal rights for LGBT persons.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals Inc. National organization of directors of LGBTQ Centers on university campuses. Provides extensive resources, information, and guidance for campus organizing efforts.
- Rainbow SIG Group supporting LGBTQ international students and educators.
- glbtg Online encyclopedia of LGBTQ culture.
- PFLAG Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays. National advocacy organization with local chapters with extensive information and resources for LGBTQ persons and their families and friends.
- FTM International FTM and Transsexual Male Resources.
- DonnaRose.com Website of a MTF person with extensive list of links to related resources in addition to her personal story.
*This is a partial list only and not intended as an endorsement of facilities. Please consult Yellow Pages under Alcoholism or Drug Abuse and Addiction for additional resources.